W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2010

Final Agenda for TAG F2F 19-21 October 2010

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:54:20 -0400
Message-ID: <4CB7A63C.8080309@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
As promised, the agenda at [1] has been revised to reflect new reading 
material, and to act on Larry Masinter's request that MIME-related 
discussion be moved to end of day Tuesday.  We expect that Adam Barth will 
be joining us for that session. (I've started it at 3:30 to allow 90 mins; 
tentatively Adam is expected around 4PM, but he is welcome to join at 3:30 
if he's available).  Also: for completeness I kept the reference to a 
discussion of an earlier e-mail from Adam;  we may or may not actually 
discuss that, as the main focus will be on sniffing and on the MIME-draft 
that Larry has submitted to the IETF.

Note that there was significant ripple effect from moving the MIME session, 
and all three days were affected.  Please doublecheck where sessions of 
interest to you have landed; that said, I expect we'll do some 
reprioritization as we go.

A text-only version of this revised agenda is provided below.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/

      W3C TAG meeting 19-21 October 2010 in Mountain View, CA, USA

    Nearby: [3]issues list - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive - [6]tag
    archive - Actions: ([7]open, [8]pending review) [9]logistics

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
       [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Oct/0015.html

Agenda Summary

    Tuesday 19 October
    Agenda
    08:30-9:00 Arrive & Set up. Please have your computers and network
    connections set up for a prompt start at 9AM.
    09:00-09:30
      * [10]Convene, review agenda

    09:30-10:30
      * [11]Web Applications: Client-side State

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-12:00
      * [12]HTML / XML Unification

    12:00-13:15 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:15-14:45
      * [13]Generic Processing of Fragids with Norm Walsh (phone) and
        Martin Duerst (in person)]

    14:45-15:15
      * [14]Administrative issues:
           + Approve [15]minutes of 7 Oct 2010 teleconference
           + Future F2F meetings
           + TAG Election
           + TPAC Logistics

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/07-minutes.html

    15:15-15:30 Break (15 mins)
    15:30-16:30
      * [16]IETF Draft on Mime and the Web
      * [17]IRIEverywhere-27: Adam Barth E-mail Review

    Wednesday 20 October
    Agenda
    09:00-10:00
      * [18]URNsAndRegistries-50: Domain Name Persistence

    10:00-10:30
      * [19]Web Application Architecture: Overview

    10:30-11:00 Break (30 mins)
    11:00-12:15
      * [20]Privacy on the Web

    12:15-13:30 Lunch (75 mins)
    13:30-16:30
      * [21]TAG hosts visitors (we may shorten this session depending on
        how many visitors join us)

    Thursday 21 October
    Agenda
    09:00-10:00
      * [22]metadataArchitecture-63: Metadata Architecture

    10:00-10:30
      * [23]IRIEverywhere-27: Status update on issue IRIEverywhere and
        IRIbis work at IETF

    10:30-10:45 Break (15 mins)
    10:45-noon
      * [24]HttpRedirections-57: Redirecting to a secondary resource

    noon-13:30 Lunch (90 mins)
    13:30-14:15
      * [25]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
        Applications

    14:15-15:00
      * TBD

    15:30-15:30 break (30 minutes)
    15:30-17:00
      * [26]Action item review
      * Any other business

Logistics

    Venue
           Google
           Mountain View, CA, USA (further details to be provided)

    See [27]logistics for further details.

      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Oct/0015.html

Preparation

    See "(required reading)" annotations in agenda items below.

Agenda Details

     1. Convene, review agenda
           + Scribes: TAG members are encouraged to sign up by email in
             advance of the meeting
           + Roll call
           + F2F Main Goals:
                o Make progress on writing related to Web Application
                  Architecture
                o XML / HTML integration
                o Other technical topics
     2. [28]ISSUE-66 (mimeAndWeb-66-27): IETF Draft on MIME and the Web
           + Warning: Larry may update the draft prior to the F2F
           + Goal:
                o Review draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00 [29]Internet
                  Media Types and the Web (Required reading)
           + Background:
                o [30]ACTION-467: on - Larry Masinter - Revise Mime &
                  Web blog entry, perhaps leading to Internet Draft -
                  Due: 2010-09-21 - CLOSED
                o [31]ACTION-458: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of followup actions for TAG to coordinate
                  with IETF on MIME-type related activities - Due:
                  2010-09-28 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Larry writes: I've submitted the document to Internet
                  Drafts - - it should show up at
                  [32]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web
                  -info-00
                o [33]Previous version (blog posting).
                o During [34]discussion on 23 Sept. 2010 it was agreed
                  that TAG members would read
                  [35]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web
                  -info-00 and be prepared for detailed discussion
                  today.
                o [36]Discussion on 30 Sept. 2010
                o [37]Comments from Eric Bowman
     3. [38]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54): HTML / XML Unification
           + Goals:
                o Review June 2010 TAG decision to endorse task to drive
                  reunification of XML and HTML
                o Work with Tim to decide most effective next steps on
                  his [39]ACTION-437
           + Background:
                o [40]Note from T.V. Raman
                o [41]ACTION-433: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Help Tim get in
                  touch with staff etc. re XML/HTML unification - Due:
                  2010-05-28 - CLOSED
                o [42]ACTION-427: on - John Kemp - Read 4 distributed
                  extensibility proposals and summarize them w.r.t.
                  proposals TAG has discussed to date - Due: 2010-11-01
                  - CLOSED
                o [43]ACTION-437: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Create a task
                  force on XML / HTML convergence - Due: 2010-06-14 -
                  OPEN
                o Discussion on 7 June 2010 F2F: [44]"TAG recommends the
                  formation of a task force to drive the reunification
                  of XML and HTML"
                o [45]HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines
                  (draft from HTML WG)
                o [46]September/October 2010 HMTL WG poll on distributed
                  extensibility
                o [47]TAG endorses "like SVG" extension mechanism for
                  HTML5
     4. [48]ISSUE-39 (rdfURIMeaning-39-27): Generic Fragment ID
        Processing
           + The TAG developed a [49]change proposal for RFC 3023bis at
             the June TAG 2010 F2F (London). Several commentators
             expressed concern with the TAG's proposal, and we
             [50]promised to take up these concerns in Sept.. We had
             some [51]discussion on 16 Sept. 2010, but that was not
             conclusive.
           + Earlier actions:
                o [52]ACTION-449: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of pushback on generic handling of fragment
                  IDs in application/xxx+xml media types (self-assigned)
                  - Due: 2010-09-16 - CLOSED
                o [53]ACTION-450: on - Yves Lafon - Investigate generic
                  processing of svg+xml and XHTML+xml - Due: 2010-07-01
                  - CLOSED
                o [54]ACTION-453: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Let 3023bis
                  folks know that we are aiming to resolve generic
                  processing concerns in Sept, after Larry returns. -
                  Due: 2010-09-16 - CLOSED
           + Earlier technical discussion:
                o [55]Concerns expressed by Norm Walsh and others
                  regarding [56]TAG Proposal on Generic processing of
                  Fragment IDs for +xml formats
                o [57]Discussion on 24 June 2010, [58]discussion on 15
                  July, [59]19 August 2010, and [60]16 September 2010.
                o [61]Email from Larry Masinter and thread following
                  from that
                o Email: [62]fragment processing for SVG, from Yves
                  Lafon.
                o [63]Discussion on 30 September 2010
           + [64]ACTION-466: on - Larry Masinter - Ask Norm, Roy and
             Martin for concrete use cases where generic processing of
             fragment ids is important - Due: 2010-10-12 - OPEN
           + Larry sent a [65]message to Norm Walsh, Roy Fielding and
             Martin Durst, et. al.; [66]response from Norm Walsh and
             thread following from that (required reading)
           + Email from Ivan Herman clarifying that there appears to be
             [67]no XML Schema [or DTD] for RDF/XML that has formal
             standing
     5. [68]ISSUE-27 (IRIEverywhere-27): Adam Barth E-mail Review
           + Goal:
                o Discuss [69]Adam Barth email "Change proposal for
                  (HTML WG) ISSUE - 56"
           + Background:
                o [70]ACTION-448: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of
                  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Ju
                  n/0394.html on 26 August (followup to 24 June and 12
                  August discussion) - Due: 2010-10-12 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Previous discussion [71]on 24 June 2010, [72]12 August
                  2010, and [73]2 September 2010
     6. Privacy on the Web
           + Goals:
                o Consider implications of recent developments relating
                  to Web privacy and HTML5
                o Consider [74]TAG involvement or input to upcoming
                  privacy workshop
                o Consider TAG Finding on Privacy
           + Background:
                o Required reading: [75]Email thread on "Evercookies"
                o Additional reading: New York Times Article [76]New Web
                  Code Draws Concern Over Privacy Risks (registration
                  required)
                o [77]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist - Coordinate
                  with IAB regarding next steps on privacy policy - Due:
                  2010-10-12 - OPEN
                o [78]ACTION-470: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ask Thomas
                  about TAG involvement in privacy workshop - Due:
                  2010-09-30 - CLOSED ([79]Email from Noah to Thomas
                  Roessler
     7. [80]ISSUE-63 (metadataArchitecture-63): Metadata Architecture
           + Goals:
                o Discuss new writing on metadata (to be supplied)
                o Consider next steps on metadata
           + Background:
                o Required reading: items listed in [81]Larry Masinter's
                  suggested list of readings on metadata
                o [82]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a finding
                  on metadata architecture. - Due: 2010-10-21 - OPEN
                o [83]Telcon discussion on 16 September 2010 (note that
                  F2F discussion is requested
     8. [84]Web Application Architecture: Overview
           + Goals:
                o Make a clearer plan for the content, form, and
                  expected publication date of TAG deliverables relating
                  to Web Applications
           + Background:
                o [85]ACTION-434: on - Daniel Appelquist - Prepare
                  discussion of structure of what we want to do about
                  web apps architecture... - Due: 2010-10-18 - OPEN
                o May 2010 notes from DanA on ACTION-434: [86]Web
                  Application Architecture (these were prepared for the
                  June 2010 F2F
                o Email thread beginning with: [87]Re: ACTION-434: Some
                  notes on organizing discussion on WebApps architecture
                o Email from Larry Masinter: [88]progress on web
                  applications architecture: a few thoughts
     9. [89]Web Application Architecture: Client-side state
           + Goals:
                o Review and refine Ashok Malhotra's writeup on
                  client-side state
                o Decide whether the TAG wants to produce a Finding on
                  issues relating to client side state (note that the
                  discussion of privacy and Evercookies is related, but
                  the "state" discussion is broader than just privacy
                  concerns)
           + Background:
                o Required readding: [90]Client-side Storage by Ashok
                  Malhotra ([91]announcement of draft availability)
                o [92]ACTION-430: on - Ashok Malhotra - Propose a plan
                  for his contributions to section 5: Client-side state
                  - Due: 2010-09-09 - OPEN
    10. [93]Web Application Architecture: Design of APIs for Web
        Applications
           + Goals:
                o Review and refine Dan Appelquists' writeup on API
                  design
                o Decide whether the TAG wants to produce a Finding on
                  Design of APIs for Web Applications
           + Background:
                o Required reading: Dan Appelquist writeup on API Design
                  - To Be Supplied
                o [94]ACTION-461: on - Daniel Appelquist - Draft
                  "finding" on Web Apps API design - Due: 2010-10-31 -
                  OPEN
    11. [95]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Domain name persistence
           + Goals:
                o Review [96]Persistent Reference on the Web, by
                  Jonathan Rees 13 October 2010
                o Decide next steps, if any, for TAG work on hyperlink
                  persistence
           + Background:
                o Required reading: [97]Persistent Reference on the Web,
                  by Jonathan Rees 13 October 2010
                o [98]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a white
                  paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11 - OPEN
                o [99]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare a
                  draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                  proposed afternoon session with invited guests, and
                  circulate for discussion prior to a decision, on the
                  subject of addressing the persistence of domain names
                  - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                o [100]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                  persistence
    12. [101]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): Redirecting to a secondary
        resource
           + Goals:
                o Decide what the "right answer" is when A#B is
                  redirected to C#D
                o Decide what the TAG should do to promote good practice
                  regarding such redirections
           + Background:
                o [102]ACTION-462: on - Yves Lafon - Write draft of best
                  practices on redirection for secondary resources (with
                  help from Tim) - Due: 2010-10-05 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Required reading: [103]Email from Yves Lafon on
                  redirection of secondary resources and thread
                  following from that.
                o [104]ACTION-456: on - Yves Lafon - Locate past HTTP WG
                  discussion on Location: A#B change, and make the TAG
                  aware of it - Due: 2010-08-17 - CLOSED
                o Email from Yves: [105]Fragments in HTTP redirects
                o [106]Technical discussion on 12 August, and [107]2
                  September 2010
    13. [108]ISSUE-27 (IRIEverywhere-27): Status update on issue
        IRIEverywhere and IRIbis work at IETF
           + Goals:
                o On 2 Sept. 2010, Henry Thompson [109]requested a F2F
                  update on IRI
           + Background:
                o [110]ACTION-459: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule F2F
                  discussion of IRIbis status and Larry's proposal -
                  Due: 2010-10-05 - OPEN
                o [111]ACTION-410: on - Larry Masinter - Let the TAG
                  know whether and when the IRIEverywhere plan in HTML
                  WG went as planned - Due: 2010-11-01 - OPEN
    14. TAG Hosts Visitors:
           + We will hold discussions with several visitors who are
             working on technologies of particular interest to the TAG.
    15. Administrative issues:
           + Approve [112]minutes of 7 Oct 2010 teleconference
           + TAG election
           + Future TAG F2F meetings
                o Decide Winter TAG F2F location and dates
                o Plan for Lyon TPAC participation
    16. Action item review:
           + [113]Pending review actions in [114]Tracker
           + [115]Overdue actions in [116]Tracker
           + [117]Open actions in [118]Tracker
      _________________________________________________________

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/66
      [29] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00.html
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/467
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/458
      [32] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00
      [33] http://masinter.blogspot.com/2010/06/mime-and-web.html
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/23-minutes#item05
      [35] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info-00
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/30-minutes.html#item05
      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0004.html
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/WebApps.html
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda
      [45] 
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-41-objection-poll/results
      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0034.html
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/39
      [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0125.html
      [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0003.html
      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes#item06
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/449
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/450
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/453
      [55] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0128.html
      [56] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0125.html
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/24-minutes#item03
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/07/15-tagmem-minutes#item04
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/19-minutes#item06
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes#item06
      [61] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0034.html
      [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0015.html
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/30-minutes.html#item08
      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/466
      [65] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Sep/0044.html
      [66] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0006.html
      [67] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0046.html
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
      [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-agenda
      [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/448
      [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/24-minutes#item02
      [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/12-minutes#item04
      [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item00
      [74] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Sep/0050.html
      [75] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Sep/0038.html
      [76] http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/11/business/media/11privacy.html
      [77] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460
      [78] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/470
      [79] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2010Sep/0050.html
      [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63
      [81] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0065.html
      [82] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
      [83] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/16-minutes.html#item05
      [84] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [85] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/434
      [86] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/05/web-apps-notes.html
      [87] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0061.html
      [88] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0030.html
      [89] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [90] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/ClientSideStorage.html
      [91] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0001.html
      [92] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/430
      [93] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/7
      [94] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/461
      [95] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50
      [96] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/persistent-reference/
      [97] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/persistent-reference/
      [98] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444
      [99] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414
     [100] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04
     [101] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [102] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/462
     [103] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0003.html
     [104] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/456
     [105] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Aug/0014.html
     [106] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/08/12-minutes#item06
     [107] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item03
     [108] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [109] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/02-minutes.html#item00
     [110] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/459
     [111] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/410
     [112] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/07-minutes.html
     [113] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [114] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [115] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [116] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [117] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
     [118] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.19 $ of $Date: 2010/10/15 00:48:58 $

        [119]Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional     [120]Valid CSS!

     [119] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
     [120] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer
Received on Friday, 15 October 2010 00:54:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:28 GMT