W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2009

Re: Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 22 October 2009

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:06:03 -0400
Message-ID: <760bcb2a0910220706i78744a5atbd038e6ec25bd37e@mail.gmail.com>
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Sorry, I hadn't realized that the message to which I referred, while
logically addressed to the TAG, was not sent to www-tag, but only to Henry
cc: the webapps WG.  The message which seems to be asking us for a response
from us is:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0095.html

which derives in turn from

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/1215.html

Is anyone aware of any communication to the TAG that responds to the
original question?

Jonathan

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM, <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>
> At the suggestion of Jonathan Rees, I have added the following agenda item:
>
> ---------
> 5. Security
>
>     * *This is a late addition to the agenda, and the chair has not
> carefully recorded all background and pertinent links*
>     * Background
>           o Email from Anne van Kesteren [1] requesting that the TAG
> provide any comments soon, as HTML 5 may be taken to Last Call shortly.
>     * Goals
>           o Decide next steps regarding Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
> (CORS)
> ---------
>
> Thank you.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Oct/0042.html
>
> --------------------------------------
> Noah Mendelsohn
> IBM Corporation
> One Rogers Street
> Cambridge, MA 02142
> 1-617-693-4036
> --------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>
>
>   *Noah Mendelsohn*
>
> 10/21/2009 10:49 PM
>
>         To:        www-tag@w3.org
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 22 October 2009
>
>
>
> The agenda for tomorrow's TAG teleconference is now available at [1,2],
> and in text-only form below.
>
> Jonathan, please confirm whether you will be able to scribe.  If Jonathan
> is not available, the next in line for scribing are Ashok, John and Larry,
> in that order.  Also, please note that there is a high probability that
> the telcon of 29 October will be cancelled, to allow all of us to get more
> work done before heading out to TPAC.  I am not yet formally announcing
> cancellation, as there is some chance that we will want a brief call
> specifically to discuss TPAC logistics and agendas.  Thank you.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-agenda
>
> --------------------------------------
> Noah Mendelsohn
> IBM Corporation
> One Rogers Street
> Cambridge, MA 02142
> 1-617-693-4036
> --------------------------------------
>
>   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]8 Oct 2009 Next: 29 Oct 2009
>
>      [1] http://www.w3.org/
>      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
>      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-agenda
>
>               Agenda of 22 Oct 2009 TAG teleconference
>
>   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
>   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
>   archive
>    1. Convene
>          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Jonathan Rees (unconfirmed)
>          + Roll call -- Regrets: Tim
>          + Note future regrets: Tim (29 (probable regrets); Nov: 12,
>            19, 26; 3 December: 3 (probable regrets))
>          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
>          + Next Telcon: 15 October 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Jonathan
>            Rees (unconfirmed)
>          + Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
>    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
>          + Approve [11]Minutes of 23-25 September 2009 F2F
>          + Approve [12]minutes of 1 October 2009 (the chair thinks we
>            might have approved these during our call of the 8th, but
>            doesn't see any record one way or the other)
>          + Approve [13]minutes of 8 October 2009
>    3. Administrative items (Brief)
>          + Reminder that, per [14]agreement on the 8th. our meetings
>            at TPAC have been moved to Monday afternoon and Friday
>            morning.
>          + The TAG will hold a joint meeting with the HTML Working
>            group at TPAC on Thursday, after lunch. Exact time is still
>            TBD.
>          + Proposal: tentatively, we will not meet next week on 29
>            October. However, because there may be value in having a
>            last minute discussion of TPAC planning, and because
>            procedurally it's easy to cancel a telcon last minute, but
>            impossible to schedule one, we will for the moment hold off
>            on formally cancelling.
>          + The chair thanks those "shepherds" who have responded to
>            the [15]request to update issue status. Other TAG members
>            are requested to update their issues as soon as practical.
>          + Reminder that a [16]Call for Exclusions has been sent for
>            patents relating to the [17]First Public Working Draft of
>            our Finding on Usage Patterns For Client-Side URL
>            parameters (call for exclusions [18]update). The call for
>            exclusions ends 22 October 2009 - two days from now.
>          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
>               o 2-6 November 2006 @ [19]W3C Technical Plenary, Santa
>                 Clara, CA
>               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per [20]resolution of 25
>                 June 2009 - note that Raman and John Kemp have
>                 confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman
>                 is unsure he'll attend).
>               o 17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per [21]decision at Sept. 2009
>                 F2F)
>    4. Privacy policy
>          + From [22]minutes of 8 Oct 2009: RESOLVED that that LMM edit
>            2009Sep/0073 lightly as discussed 8 Oct and Noah send to
>            Device APIs and Policy Working Group on behalf of the TAG
>          + [23]ACTION-318 Send note to Device APIs and Policy (DAP)
>            Working Group on behalf of the TAG - on Noah Due: 15 Oct
>            2009
>    5. Forbidding hyperlinks
>          + Background:
>               o Member-only [24]discussion asks about the increasing
>                 prevalence of Web sites that forbid linking to both
>                 the "home" page and to "nested" pages. Discussion
>                 includes a [25]suggestion that the TAG become
>                 involved.
>               o TAG Finding: [26]"Deep Linking" in the World Wide Web
>                 (Sept. 2003)
>          + Goals:
>               o Decide whether the TAG wishes to further investigate
>                 the appropriateness of prohibitions on linking.
>               o If so, assign responsibility for further work.
>    6. HTML
>          + Background:
>               o [27]Prioritized list of HTML-related issues,
>                 originally developed at Sept. 2009 F2F. (An Open
>                 Document Format [28].ods version and an Excel [29].xls
>                 version are also available.)
>          + Earlier background:
>               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
>                 ([30]session 1 and [31]session 2)
>               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [32]plans to review HTML 5
>                 drafts
>               o [33]Architectural Considerations for Language
>                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
>                 Jonathan Rees)
>               o HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last
>                 Call sometime between October and December, 2009 (per
>                 [34]note from HTML WG co-chair Sam Ruby)
>               o Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML
>                 WG co-chairs ([35]announcement)
>               o [36]Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5
>                 draft specification that we [37]agreed to on July 23.
>               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
>                 [38]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
>                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [39]email from Dan announcing
>                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
>                 the associated [40]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
>                 brief us was closed.
>               o Ian Hickson [41]announces availability of initial
>                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
>                 part, in response to a [42]suggestion made by Noah in
>                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
>                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
>               o Larry Masinter [43]announces new draft of
>                 [44]Architectural Considerations for Language
>                 Versioning for the Web . Chair's [45]response from
>                 Noah (member-only).
>          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
>               o [46]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
>                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
>                 Henry Thompson
>               o [47]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
>                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
>                 shepherd)
>               o [48]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
>                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
>                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
>               o [49]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
>                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
>          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
>               o [50]ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the
>                 HTML WG gets closer to closing issue-4 html-versioning
>                 - Due: 2009-10-15
>               o [51]ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as
>                 individual issue) question of 3 words "other
>                 applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
>                 Due: 2009-10-20
>               o [52]ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at
>                 TPAC for joint session with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15
>                 (see: [53]email from Noah to HTML chairs)
>               o [54]ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan
>                 for HTML / TPAC Due: 2009-10-02
>               o [55]ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to
>                 draft for tag@w3.org proposed TAG feedback on the
>                 text/html media type registration in the 25 September
>                 draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
>               o [56]ACTION-317 on T.V. Raman: Read
>                 http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb.html
>                 and send some notes to the TAG Due: 2009-10-20
>               o [57]ACTION-319 on Noah: Consider HTML media type issue
>                 for TPAC agenda(s) Due: 2009-10-29
>          + Goals:
>               o Continue technical discussion of HTML issues
>                 identified at the F2Fn
>    7. Pending Review Items:
>          + [58]Pending review actions in [59]Tracker
>    8. Overdue Action Items:
>          + [60]Overdue actions in [61]Tracker
>    9. Any other business
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
>      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
>      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
>      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
>      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
>     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-agenda
>     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/23-agenda
>     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/01-minutes
>     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes
>     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item02
>     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0051.html
>     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0068.html
>     [17] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
>     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0030.html
>     [19] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
>     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
>     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/25-minutes.html#item04
>     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item05
>     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/318
>     [24]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2009OctDec/0058.html
>     [25]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2009OctDec/0084.html
>     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/deeplinking-20030911
>     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
>     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.ods
>     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.xls
>     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
>     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
>     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
>     [33]
> http://w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html
>     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0058.html
>     [35] http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item148
>     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jul/0026.html
>     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-minutes#item03
>     [38]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
>     [39]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
>     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
>     [41]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Jun/0016.html
>     [42]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html
>     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0064.html
>     [44] http://larry.masinter.net/tag-versioning.html
>     [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0037.html
>     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
>     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
>     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
>     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
>     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/299
>     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302
>     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/305
>     [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0018.html
>     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/315
>     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/316
>     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/317
>     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/319
>     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
>     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
>     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>
>
>    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
>    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2009/10/22 02:45:34 $
>
>   [62]Valid XHTML 1.1
>
>     [62] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
>
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 22 October 2009 14:06:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:18 GMT