ACTION-227 - metadata summary

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:55:57 -0700
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
I reviewed Jonathan's analysis, and thought it was
astoundingly thorough.

I think I'd leave out the OpenID work if only to keep
the focus narrowly on "Information about media" although
OpenID is relevant as a person identifier namespace.

I had some minor comments about the role of XMP
as not only a source of schemas, but also a syntactic
basis (profile of RDF) and embedded metadata for
a wide range of file types.

Personally I'm interested in metadata topics, but
after looking over Jonathan's survey, I am much
less sure this is an area where the TAG can do
effective architectural work.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net