"Content-Type Processing Model" draft 9 Jan (ISSUE-24 contentTypeOverride-24)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:10:12 -0600
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: public-w3c-ietf@w3.org
Some news re ISSUE-24 contentTypeOverride-24...
  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24

Noah, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier... I should
read this thing soon anyway, so if you put it on the TAG ftf
reading list, you'd be doing me a favor...

Working Group                                                   A. Barth
Internet-Draft                                             U.C. Berkeley
Expires: July 13, 2009                                        I. Hickson
                                                            Google, Inc.
                                                         January 9, 2009

                     Content-Type Processing Model
                       draft-abarth-mime-sniff-00

Abstract

   Many Web servers supply incorrect Content-Type headers with their
   HTTP responses.  In order to be compatible with these Web servers,
   Web browsers must consider the content of HTTP responses as well as
   the Content-Type header when determining the effective mime type of
   the response.  This document describes an algorithm for determining
   the effective mime type of HTTP responses that balances security and
   compatibility considerations.

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E