Re: Uniform access to metadata: XRD use case.

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:15:37 +0100
To: <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: <eran@hueniverse.com>, <jar@creativecommons.org>, <connolly@w3.org>, <www-tag@w3.org>

On 2009-02-24 11:45, "ext Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
>> Agents which want to deal with authoritative metadata use MGET/MPUT/etc.
>
> Same with PROPFIND and PROPPATCH, btw.
>
> BR, Julian

Yes. There is a lot of conceptual similarity between the URIQA and WebDAV
methods for interacting with metadata, but I would not consider them close
enough for it to be practical to use the WebDAV methods in place of the
URIQA methods.

The WebDAV semantics is much more specialized than URIQA.

Patrick