Re: broken links in W3C documents and recommendations

On 12 Feb 2009, at 17:57, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I think what you're missing is that this is not out of ignorance,
> but on purpose:
>
> "Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
> months and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents
> at any time. It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
> material or to cite them other than as “work in progress”."

It's worthwhile noticing that tools.ietf.org is keeping around expired
I-Ds these days at what seem to be persistent URIs.  I don't know
whether there have been any policy statements on that persistence,
though.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>