W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2009

Agenda for TAG Teleconference of 9 April 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:07:47 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF03602DC1.BAC7F43D-ON85257591.0068167A-85257591.0068BCEE@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 9 April 2009 is available at 
[1,2], and a text-only copy is appended below.  A few notes on this 
agenda:

* Versioning is scheduled as the first major item for discussion, but this 
is pending confirmation that all necessary preparation is complete in time 
(see [3] - W3C member-only)

* Two of the other significant agenda items (contentTypeOverride and HTML) 
are held over from 2 April, and we had Dan scheduled to lead both those 
discussions.  I am still reconfirming that he is available to do this.

* It's been awhile since we updated the status of overdue and pending 
actions, so we will do that for approximately the last 20 minutes of 
discussion.  TAG members are encouraged to update the status and due dates 
of actions in advance, as this will save time on the call.

Note that there is some risk of a short call if none of the "big 3" topics 
mentioned above prove ready for discussion.  Thank you.

Noah


[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Apr/0017.html

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]2nd April Next: 16
   April 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/02-agenda

               Agenda of 9 April 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Jonathan (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Henry, Raman
          + Note future regrets: John (April 16) Raman (April 16, 23)
            Tim (April 23rd)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: Propose 16 April 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe:
            Dan (unconfirmed)
          + Future scribes: Jonathan > Dan > Ashok > Larry
    2. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons and meetings
          + [11]26 March 2009
          + [12]2nd April 2009 <== Make sure available
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Note: we will spend the last 15 or so minutes of the call
            updating the status of overdue and pending action items.
            TAG members are encouraged to update due dates and status
            flags prior to the call.
          + [13]POWDER last call (reviews due 27 April 2009): so far no
            TAG member has expressed an interest in doing a formal
            review. Dan suggests that site metadata should be
            considered along with POWDER, and he says he can provide a
            review for discussion on 16 April.
          + Progress report on publication of [14]Usage Patterns For
            Client-Side URL parameters working draft.
          + Reminder that chair has sent a [15]summary of materials
            relating to TAG priorities and a [16]request that the next
            round of discussions of goals and priorities be done using
            email, starting now.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 June 2009 @ MIT
               o 22-24 Sept 2009 @ MIT (tentative)
    4. Web Services Resource Access (brief)
          + Background:
               o WS-RA chair Bob Freund asked the TAG [17]to comment
                 soon if at all if there are concerns with the likely
                 direction of WS-RA.
               o Noah [18]asked TAG members whether they wished to
                 comment.
               o Ashok suggested that [19]the TAG should not comment;
                 Larry Masinter suggested [20]having a note added to
                 the specs expressing our concerns; Ashok responded
                 that [21]such notes fade into the noise and are
                 ignored and Noah pointed out that experience trying
                 just this approach seems, unfortunately, to
                 [22]support Ashok's conclusion.
          + Goal:
               o Agree on a TAG response to the request from WS-RA.
    5. XMLVersioning-41 ([23]ISSUE-41).
          + Background:
               o [24]Chair's message summarizing status of versioning
                 work in the TAG (sent 24 March 2009).
               o HTML working group action 108 [25]requests that the
                 TAG consider HTML when working on versioning
               o The TAG had earlier decided not to actively pursue
                 development of the finding on versioning.
               o TAG Blog posting: [26]Version Identifiers Reconsidered
               o Thread starting with [27]John Kemp email on updating
                 AWWW good practice note on versioning
               o At 23 March 2009 AC meeting there was at least an
                 informal sense that the AC wanted the TAG to help with
                 the extensibility issue, primarily in the context of
                 HTML. Tim took an action (from the AC, not the TAG) to
                 see that the TAG takes a look at this.
               o The following TAG actions are open or pending under
                 ISSUE-41:
                    # [28]ACTION-183 (David Orchard) Incorporate
                      formalism into versioning compatibility
                      strategies. Due 3 March 2009. Pending review
                      Jonathan reports that he and David have decided
                      not to incorporate the formalism after all, so we
                      need to consider fate of the formalism work.
                    # [29]ACTION-229 (Noah Mendelsohn) Noah to respond
                      to John Kemp proposal of Feb 17 on versioning.
                      Due 14 April 2009. Pending review
                    # [30]ACTION-241 (Larry Masinter) Larry Masinter to
                      Review TAG versioning situation and report back
                      to TAG and HTML - due 2009-03-12, open
          + Goals:
               o Verify that TAG members are "up to speed" on prior
                 work on versioning (if not, we will defer discussion
                 for a week)
               o Decide whether, given the above background, we want to
                 again work actively on versioning, and if so, with
                 what specific goals.
               o Review status of TAG actions. At very least, establish
                 follow up on thread started with John Kemp's 17 Feb.
                 message, and then close [31]ACTION-229.
    6. contentTypeOverride-24 ([32]ISSUE-24):
          + Discussion will be led by: Dan Connolly (confirmed)
          + Background:
               o Dan Connolly [33]suggests that we discuss the draft
                 [34]Content-Type Processing Model, by Ian Hickson and
                 Adam Barth; the draft proposes interoperable rules for
                 Content-type "sniffing" in browsers. Note that the
                 draft acknowledges at one point that it is in "...
                 willful violation of the HTTP specification.
                 [35]RFC2616]".
               o [36]ACTION-233 on Larry Masinter: Report back from
                 IETF/HTML liaison meeting in March regarding MIME type
                 override - due 2009-03-11 - open
               o [37]ACTION-236 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule discussion
                 of the stress on media types imposed by client-side
                 synthesised[sic] content - due 2009-04-09 - open
          + Goals:
               o Update TAG on IETF liaison wrt the Content-Type
                 Processing Model draft.
               o Solicit TAG reviews.
    7. HTML
          + Background:
               o Discussion on 26 March telcon of [38]HTML progress at
                 W3C Advisory Committee meeting.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [39]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [40]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft).
               o [41]ACTION-253 on Dan Connolly: Brief the TAG on
                 progress on \"web addresses in HTML\" draft - due
                 2009-04-01 - open ([42]ISSUE-27)
               o This seems also to relate to [43]ACTION-188 on Dan
                 Connolly: Investigate the URL/IRI/Larry Masinter
                 possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue. - due
                 2009-03-17 - closed.
          + Goals:
               o Discuss [44]Web addresses in HTML 5.
    8. Pending Review Items:
          + [45]Pending review actions in [46]Tracker
    9. Overdue Action Items:
          + [47]Overdue actions in [48]Tracker
   10. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/26-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/02-minutes
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0023.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/hash-in-url.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0138.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0139.html
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0143.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0149.html
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0150.html
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0151.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0152.html
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0153.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0146.html
     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/108
     [26] http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/12/version_identifiers_reconsider.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0147.html
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/229
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/241
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/229
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0233.html
     [34] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
     [35] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/233
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/236
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly.html
     [39] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [40] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188
     [44] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.314 $ of $Date: 2009/04/07 18:57:12 $

   [49]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [49] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 7 April 2009 19:07:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:13 GMT