Re: [httpRedirections-57] Resource-Decription Header: a possible proposal to consider.

From: Ian Davis <lists@iandavis.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:16:54 +0000
To: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 13:11 +0000, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)
wrote:

> Worth Doing?
> ------------
> So... does the idea of legs... or will it die on the spike?
>
> Is anyone already engaged in trying to do something similar in spirit? One well thoughout and supported approach is going to be better than a multipicity of diverse but similarly intentioned approaches each attracting their own communities.

Yes, at Talis we're experimenting with these ideas. I wrote about this at the end of last year, also proposing a resource-description header:

http://iandavis.com/blog/2007/12/303-asymmetry

So (unsurprisingly!) I completely agree with your proposal.

> I guess I'd be willing to carry the ball *if* there were enough feedback that it is a ball worth carrying.
>
> If so... what does it take to make it happen?
>
> Community buy-in, an internet-draft, experimental implemention and in the long run, HTTP header registrations in the IANA registry [1]?

> How long could that take? Hmmm...

I'm willing to volunteer time and resources to help make it happen.

> Stuart

Ian