Re: new public-pkg-uri-scheme mailing list

From: Michael Champion <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 07:59:27 -0800
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Michael Smith wrote:
> The new list is now ready to go:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pkg-uri-scheme/

But the original suggestion from Larry Masinter [1] was:
> I realize that we've moved from discussing ZIP packages and URI references into them to a deeper
> discussion of the role of architecture and orthogonality, language specifications
> vs. implementation guidelines, the handling of error conditions in
> standards documents, and the interplay of extensibility vs. consistency of behavior.
> I think that's important, but perhaps should be handled with a narrower mailing list

Is the new list to discuss the specific topic of URI references in ZIP packages, or the larger architectural topics raised in Ian Hickson's message [2] to which Larry was replying?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Dec/0022.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Nov/0125.html