Re: Uniform access to descriptions

From: Michaeljohn Clement <mj@mjclement.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:46:21 -0600
To: wangxiao@musc.edu
CC: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>, "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>

Xiaoshu Wang wrote:
> Then, what kind of claim you want to make on your web page?  I am
> completely at a loss here.  Tell me exactly what you said the capability
> that was easily doable before?  Just the statement of something is an
> IR? If so, what does it give you?

One can make many useful statements about an IR as identified by a URI.

I think this has been well covered in the existing Semantic Web literature.

Michaeljohn