Re: Uniform access to descriptions

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:07:28 +0100
To: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
CC: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

Phil Archer wrote:
> Can I ask whether those interested in this issue feel that there is an
> emerging consensus? If so, would anyone care to take a stab at a
> timeline for an eventual resolution? If not, might it be worth setting
> up an ad hoc telecon some time so we can discuss it?
>
> I ask because POWDER is now working towards making a Last Call
> announcement at the end of the month with a view to reaching CR before
> we all disappear on summer holiday. It would clearly be advantageous
> if we can have a clear idea of where the HTTP Link (or alternative
> solution) is likely to be by then.
I would rather you NOT to make any solution until TAG reconsider the
httpRange-14 (the definition of information resource and the meaning of
303).  I have mentioned a few times in the past few weeks.  The issue is
*very serious* so is its long term consequence.

If you need a solution for your particular domain, such as POWDER, do it
in whatever way you think is necessary, such as an HTTP POWER header,
but just DO NOT make it a formal recommendation for HTTP, such as LINK.

Xiaoshu

Xiaoshu