Re: [Linking-open-data] Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and Linked Data

Hi Kingsley,

I think SPARQL queries and URI dereferencing according to AWWW are two
seperate things.

When a agent dereferences http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/card#i it
gets Tim's foaf profile and that's it.

The agent is free to look into the data afterwards and search for owl:sameAs
statements. It is also free to dereference all URIs that it finds within
these statements. It is free to do inference or URI smushing over the data.
And it is free to execute SPARQL queries over the dereferenced data. A good
agent will do all this. But according to AWWW it does not have to and it can
also do other things if it likes.

So I think there is no single answer to your question "What is the expected
result for a SPARQL Query against Tim's Structured
 Data Resource URI (aka Non Informational Resource)".

Cheers

Chris

--
Chris Bizer