Re: New TAG issue: TagSoupIntegration-54

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:13:47 +0000 (UTC)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, www-tag@w3.org

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Can you help me find one that shows IE exhibiting this non-tree
> behavior?

The series of my blog posts on this matter is:

The first and third posts mention the non-tree DOM thing.

> Are there other good sources of tests for this sort of thing?

Experimenting with different markup in:

...is how most of my research was done. There are some tests here:

...but I haven't checked them for compliance against the HTML5 parser

...so they might need extensive "interpretation" to be useful. I am aware
of other sets of tests, but they are implementation specific and would
take more time to understand and convert than simply writing a whole new
set of tests. In practice, we'll need several thousand tests when we
eventually write the test suite for this.