Re: Trying to assess the depth of xml:id and c14n incompatibilities

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:51:12 -0500
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, www-tag@w3.org

Elliotte Harold writes:

>> If the canonicalization is exclusive, there's no problem. Either issue
only arises with original C14N.

Sorry,  was distracted when I typed that and briefly swapped the
definitions of the two.  Do you agree that the question I asked remains
significant, albeit with c14n, which is the one that propagates the xml
namespaced attributes?  Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142