RE: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:50 -0600
To: W3C TAG <www-tag@w3.org>

It is best if the namespace URI identifies
the control/policy (choose something for function) for identifying
versions of the named namespaces.  (thus, the various
proposals for policy languages such as RDDL).

Pretty much degrees/orders if cybernetic
systems.  Decide how many levels of that you
can afford or let metasystem transitions take place
spontaneously (ie, it just scales out until it becomes

From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Roy T. Fielding

What does a Namespace URI identify?

In my opinion, a namespace URI identifies a name space.  That is
circular, of course, but the reason I say that is because there
is a significant difference between a name space (an area in
which names can be defined) and a name set (a set of names that
has been defined).