RE: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:41:50 -0600
To: W3C TAG <www-tag@w3.org>

It is best if the namespace URI identifies
the control/policy (choose something for function) for identifying
versions of the named namespaces.  (thus, the various
proposals for policy languages such as RDDL).

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/MST.html

Pretty much degrees/orders if cybernetic
systems.  Decide how many levels of that you
can afford or let metasystem transitions take place
spontaneously (ie, it just scales out until it becomes
stable).

len

From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Roy T. Fielding

What does a Namespace URI identify?

In my opinion, a namespace URI identifies a name space.  That is
circular, of course, but the reason I say that is because there
is a significant difference between a name space (an area in
which names can be defined) and a name set (a set of names that
has been defined).