RE: I-D ACTION:draft-hendrikx-wallis-urn-nzl-00.txt

Hello Roy,

Good the discussion is over. If I understand well it's my way or the highway
doesn't it?

I agree on one point: URLs are good for inherent hierarchical name spaces
similar to file systems. On the other hand, facetted classification may seem
at first hierarchical but it is not necessarily hierarchical. Some facettes
can be intermixed and this is why facetted classification is so powerful. A
question we can ask the people of New Zealand is: did you have the intention
of using a facetted classification or a hierarchical naming convention like
file systems? If they used facetted classification is then understandable
why they used URNs instead of URLs.

And sorry I couldn't use the example of the internet draft simply because
they are too narrowly minded.

Note: the urn prefix is simply used to differentiate it form the URLs. I
agree that there is no inherent advantages to append the urn prefix at the
beginning of the expression.

OK - end of thread and have a good day.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin

I've stopped 59,253 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam and fraud protection at
http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?rc=n8ntaa