Re: [httpRange-14] Namespace names, Namespace Documents and HTTP URI.

From: Stuart Williams <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:57:20 +0100
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, timbl@w3.org

Hello Patrick

Patrick Stickler wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2005, at 16:53, ext Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:

<snip>

> (apologies for butting in...)
>
> This convenience is also true for namespace names ending in slash. In
> fact, we use this extensively for our vocabularies, e.g.

<snip/>

> Thus, there's no convenience offered by hash that is not also
> offered by slash.
>
> Just thought I'd point that out.

A fair point, thank you... I had missed that. I was thinking about
separate identification of namespace and namespace documents for
namespaces with names that end neither in '#' or '/' such as the following:

http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink

Interestingly http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink responds with a 301 redirect
to http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/ which gives a pausible distinction
between the namespace identifier and the document identifier (though the
converse of the convention you use at Nokia).

> Regards,
>
> Patrick

Thanks

Stuart