XSL/XML Query functions and operators namespace document

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:31:45 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
For this round of publication, the XSL and XML Query WGs attempted
to provide a namespace document for the functions and operators
document. Specifically, one that allowed every user-available
function to be identified with a URI, e.g.:

  http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpath-functions/#local-name

This use of namespaces and namespace documents has been a subject of
discussion on this list in the past, so I wanted to draw your
attention to it.

One thing I didn't get to do in time for this round was make it a
proper RDDL document. There's some irony in that, to be sure, but I'm
not sure what the nature and purpose URIs should be for function
definitions anyway.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm