Re: Information resources?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:15:54 +0100
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Quoting Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>:

> > But people are going to assign bare, naked http: URIs to physical
> > objects, dreams, and states of being. A robust system better be able
> > to deal.
>
> Isn't that kind of throwing in the towel?

Yes. Do it. Surrender http-range! :-)

   Maybe it's like saying
> browsers should do their best to render everything they find ... vs
> give an error for non-well-formed XML.

Well there's a good argument for that too (personally I would like to see an
error message with a best-attempt rendering *clearly marked as a best-attempt
rendering* as *part of the  error message*).

Everything at purl.org has a redirect
> > | in there already, and it seems to work fine.

No reason why it should be, and the DC schemata cause IE to act weird (by IE
criteria for "weird" though I haven't looked into exactly why).

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>