RE: Information resources?

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:23:23 -0500
To: 'Jon Hanna' <jon@hackcraft.net>, www-tag@w3.org

That might be ok for rendering applications.   That likely
wouldn't be a good idea for middleware.

There is a difference between gencoding systems and markup systems.
But if that is to be discussed, let's take it over to XML-Dev.

len

From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Jon Hanna

   Maybe it's like saying
> browsers should do their best to render everything they find ... vs
> give an error for non-well-formed XML.

Well there's a good argument for that too (personally I would like to see an
error message with a best-attempt rendering *clearly marked as a
best-attempt
rendering* as *part of the  error message*).