Re: Proposed issue: site metadata hook

>From: "Seairth Jacobs" <seairth@seairth.com>
<snip>
>3) How much trouble is this causing right now?  In theory, it makes
<snip>
>I haven't been on this list long and therefore don't expect my words will
>have much sway, but I'd rather see the TAG continue to put its energy into
>more pressing issues.

  The examples of robot.txt and such are anecdotal, and not representative
of the whole problem.  I agree that indirection in an application such as a
web crawler is an uphill fight, and that in such applications, it might be
pragmatic to leave well enough alone.

  However, there is a pressing need for retrieving metadata for a particular
site (and I'd say, for a particular URI), and that's why I support the
proposed issue.

  Thanks,
    Jeremy Dunck