Re: Proposed issue: site metadata hook

From: Seairth Jacobs <seairth@seairth.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:00:04 -0500
To: "www-tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

From: "Jeremy Dunck" <ralinon@hotmail.com>

>   However, there is a pressing need for retrieving metadata for a
particular
> site (and I'd say, for a particular URI), and that's why I support the
> proposed issue.

I agree with you.  There *is* a need for retrieving metadata in an effective
and standardized way.  But is timbl's proposal trying to take up this task,
or something more limited?  It's likely that a solution to the metadata
retrieval problem would also be a solution for the proposal's stated
problem.  As a result, there's little point in focusing on this one issue
(URI identifier "ownership") if it's actually part of a bigger problem
(metadata retrieval).

As I said, I would rather see the TAG put their energy elsewhere,  even if
it's into the task of standardized metadata retrieval.

---
Seairth Jacobs
seairth@seairth.com