Re: New URI scheme talk in RSS-land

> I'm not sure what your point then again I'm usually the last one to get a jok
> e. Dumb I am. :)

It's not a joke, per se.  I'm just trying to navigate in a world
of javascript URIs, and where clicking on a link might well result in
code being downloaded and run, perhaps even will the user's full
authority.   It's hard to reconcile that common approach to web
design with WebArch, etc.

Seriously: the way to make subscription easier for users, without
changing browsers and while conforming to WebArch, is to put a
SUBSCRIBE button next to the XML icon.  The SUBSCRIBE button, when
pressed should POST to a server which returns content which tells to
client's machine to subcribe.  The exact mechanism can depend on
content negotiation, but I guess the simplest would be a new media
type for adding feeds to aggregators.   (Nothing but good design
practice would stop this content from being served in response to a
GET, of course.)

But the right way to solve this problem is for people to browse the
web through systems which understand feeds and aggregation.  Those
systems don't even need XML buttons (they can use the LINK in the
head).  Once you have decided you want to give the users a great
experience with their OLD browser, it's almost impossible to avoid the
road to downloadable code, be it javascript, java, or signed native
code.   At least that's my sense of it.

     -- sandro