Re: [RDFinXHTML-35] Syntax and semantics for embedding RDF in XHTML

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 14:58, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> On March 12 2003 Dan Connolly wrote:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Mar/0019.html
> >I'm not holding my breath, but I sorta expect that
> >in the next few weeks to months, something will come of
> >the momentum built at last week's meeting; I'm
> >sorta hoping to see something from Pemberton,
> >Miller, Beckett, et. al.
>
> Dan,
>
> At one of those meetings (February 13th [1]) Tim stated that he felt that
> the problem was that in part there was no coordinated plan. I agreed to
> draw up a plan which I've (roughly) drafted at [2],

Sorry I only just got around to looking at that. I'd prefer that
it started from more concrete use cases (e.g. EU/Australian govt. folks
with a mandate to use metadata all over their web sites) and
derived requirements and/or evaluated solutions in that context.

>  but a plan won't
> succeed, "without a forum and heart-beat. Fortunately, this is the TAG's
> RDFinXHTML-35 assigned to Dan Connolly."

This issue competes with lots of others for bandwidth in the TAG.
It's not at all like we look at it every week.

>  (Otherwise, I'm just blowing smoke
> circles for myself <smile/>.) In your text above you seem content to let
> the issue lay until enough consensus builds around a proposal.

Yes.

>  This seems
> counter to the belief that there will be no progress without advocacy with
> commitment and milestones.

I'm happy to hand this issue over to anybody (in the TAG) who'se
willing to do advocacy etc.

> I continue to be willing to help on this topic (getting feedback on the
> rough requirements and deliverables, and obtaining and following up with
> commitments) in the context of the TAG issue if you think it worthwhile.
> Otherwise, should I consider my action discharged?

Your action is something you owe to the participants of the 13 March
meeting; it's not for me to say whether it's discharged.