RE: IRIs everywhere (including XML namespaces)

From: Biron,Paul V <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:57:42 -0800
To: "'Chris Lilley'" <chris@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

If only...that's a very common request, but unfortunately, the schema WG has declined the requests (most recently at our f2f a few weeks OK as part of requirements discussion for v1.1) as a "slippery slope".  FYI, even if we had user-specifiable list delimeters, they would most likely not be settable in an instance but rather at schema (type definition) time...hence, you'd have to pick a delimiter that was not legal in any IRI...are there any such characters?

pvb