"duri" as a URI-based URN scheme

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:30:34 -0700
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

I kind of like "now:" as a URI scheme in the same way that
I like "it:" ("What does it: mean? What ever you want it to mean.")

But I think it might be more useful to say exactly which
"now" you mean (the now now, or the now of last week?). If you'll
forgive the (perhaps extraneous) "urn:" at the beginning,
consider "duri" and "tdb" in

   http://larry.masinter.net/duri.html

These are DNS based, clearly not (completely) dereferencable,
and carry a different promise of "sameness".

I haven't moved this document through the process because I haven't
found anyone who thinks they would use it. But I think it's
better than "now".

Larry