Re: "duri" as a URI-based URN scheme

On Monday, October 7, 2002, 6:30:34 PM, Larry wrote:

LM> I kind of like "now:" as a URI scheme in the same way that
LM> I like "it:" ("What does it: mean? What ever you want it to mean.")

LM> But I think it might be more useful to say exactly which
LM> "now" you mean (the now now, or the now of last week?).

Aha. Sorry,  my comment into irc was perhaps a little terse.

People were discussing URIs for tesources that were Not On the Web,
and seemed to be using HTTP for that.

I thought that was a little crazy, if its Not On the Web then why
specify the protocol that you don't use?

Hence my on-the-fly suggestion for a new protocol, defined to be
non-dereferenceable, for things which are Not On the Web

now://

I agree that there is ample scope for assuming this to be some sort of
temporal scheme. My apologies for not providing further details at the
time; it was not really intended to be a formal proposal.