Re: The range of the HTTP dereference function

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 17:37:06 -0600
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 08:50, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Here is my argument the HTTP URIs (without "#") should be understood as
> referring to documents, not cars.
[...]
> Why do you want to extend the range of http URI dereference to cars?

From what I can tell, folks agree with me that http URIs
already can refer to cars.

After all: Web Architecture is minimally constraining;
the burden of persuasion seems to be with you, TimBL,
since my picture of the Web is less constraining.

Does anybody agree with TimBL?

If so, please speak up.

Otherwise, I'll devote my attention elsewhere for a time.