Re: Potential new issue: PSVI considered harmful

At 11:14 AM 6/13/2002 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
>Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>
>>XQuery has taken a stab at reducing the PSVI to something manageable,
>>yes. (See [s1].)
>
>This is exactly the problem.  I quote from
>http://www.w3.org/TR/query-datamodel/#psv

I agree that it remains a problem.  I have to admit that XQuery's version
is easier to deal with (and perhaps more reachable) than the PSVI itself
outside of a W3C XML Schema processing.

>An analogy: the PSVI is kind of like saying that the only way to ascertain
>a person's weight is to go through a complete top-to-bottom physical
>exam."   -Tim

Yes, that's quite perfect.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue