Re: using http URIs to name IETF protocol elements [was: TB16]

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:57:50 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Since we seem to have a lot of trouble getting IANA to do host these
things the way we like, I'd be happy to host them at web.resource.org, a
site I set up as a persistent home for useful information to the web
community. We already have four servers (we're always looking for more!)
in a round-robin DNS configuration with commitments to reliability and
persistence. They all have content-negotiation set up so that we can
serve plain text, HTML and RDF descriptions of the media types.

http://web.resource.org/

If anyone's interested in putting such a collection of media type
information together, let me know. If not, I might even set one up.

Yeah, this isn't as ideal as having IANA host it themselves but I think
it might make a good second choice.

All the best,
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]
4FAC4838B7D8D13FA6D92EDB4145521E79F0DF4B