Re: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:45:39 -0700
To: Michael Mealling <michael@neonym.net>, www-tag@w3.org
CC: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>

Michael Mealling wrote:
> If there were some language in there explaining why it was SHOULD and
> what valid reasons for not following the recommendation I would be
> much happier...

That would constrain users from using their common sense. Are you sure
you want to do that? If you push the issue you might not like what comes

> But still, I think the language should not mention any particular URI scheme.
> Only particular semantics that schemes would need for a given application.

Fine with me. "Easily accessible" strongly implies HTTP anyhow, and for
the purposes of discussion FTP is probably just as good. URN: is not,
I'm afraid, unless your target audience has a URN resolution system
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002,
  Extreme Markup: Aug 4-9, 2002,  www.extrememarkup.com/extreme/