Re: [namespaceDocument-8] RDDL wishlist

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:25:27 -0800
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org>, "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "TAG" <www-tag@w3.org>
At 08:14 AM 21/02/02 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>Patrick Sticker wrote:
>> 1. I want to be able to use any URI whatsoever to name each
>> RDDL resource. Not an ID. Not an http: href/URL. Any URI.
>> Something equivalent to rdf:about.
>
>This is an interesting question: should a namespace document be able to make
>statements about URIs not within the namespace?

Can you guys try again?  I'm missing the point.  The RDDL idea is
you dereference a namespace URI to get a resource that contains
description of the namespace as a whole, plus descriptions of
useful resources each xlinked to the resource itself.  The
linked-to resources can have any old kind of URI you want...
what am I missing? -Tim