Re: Revised Internet-Draft: Media Feature - xmlns

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 21:28:05 -0500
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, ietf-xml-mime@imc.org
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 19:20, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Might I suggest that any revision of RFC3023 include a new parameter
> for application/xml and text/xml (say, 'rootNS') that contains the
> root element's namespace URI, to allow HTTP content negotiation with
> current implementations? Yes, this won't address cases where there is
> a need to negotiate on more than one namespace in the document, but
> it will certainly help with the simple cases, where dispatch is based
> upon the root element's namespace (which seems to be the direction
> things are going in).

You're welcome to register a rootNS content feature.

I have to admit that I don't understand or sympathize with the
fascination with root element namespaces, and don't believe that RFC
3023 needs to add any XML-specific parameters, but a content feature
should take care of what you're looking for.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!