Re: PIs considered harmful Was: XML-SW, a thought experiment

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:07:41 -0500
To: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@topologi.com>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>
/ "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@topologi.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| If we say that a document should have integrity even if
| all PIs are removed, then a PI for namespace declarations
| must be inappropriate.

I think that's a circular argument. If we'd used PIs for namespace
declarations, we wouldn't be asking for (or expecting) integrity if we
removed all the PIs :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Everything we love, no doubt, will pass away,
XML Standards Engineer | perhaps tomorrow, perhaps a thousand years