Re: Notes on draft-hollenbeck-ietf-xml-guidelines-01.txt

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:46:46 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
/ Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> was heard to say:
|  So I attach the notes in case they are useful. The draft seems
|  directly relevant to TAG work.

My own notes don't add much to the summary Chris provided. (Well done,

I actually find 4.6 (Element and Attribute Design Considerations) a
bit simplistic, but I'm not sure it's wrong. Statements like
"generally intended to contain meta-data" don't ring true for me, but
they're not bad design principles anyway. (I'd recommend

<biblioentry id="bib.maler96"><abbrev>MalerAndal96</abbrev>
	<title>Developing SGML DTDs</title>
	<subtitle>From Text to Model to Markup</subtitle>
	    <surname>El Andaloussi</surname>
	  <publishername>Prentice-Hall PTR</publishername>
	    <city>Upper Saddle River</city>
	    <state>New Jersey</state>

if they'd publish an XML edition :-)

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Where it is permissible both to die and not to
XML Standards Engineer | die, it is an abuse of valour to die.--Mencius
XML Technology Center  |
Sun Microsystems, Inc. |