From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:12:49 -0800
To: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
CC: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>

On Jan 16, 2013, at 6:10 AM, "Rick" <graham.rick@gmail.com<mailto:graham.rick@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com<mailto:dschulze@adobe.com>> wrote:

I use text shadow a lot, declaring it with attributes would be very useful.

If we are going to implement drop shadow on text, we should do it in a generic way so that any geometry can benefit from it.

Drop shadow is useful on constructs other than text.

Text-shadow and drop-shadow address different use cases sometimes. They are hard to compare. Drop shadow is possible with feDropShadow, the drop-shadow() filter function or a long version with feGaussianBlur, feOffset, feFlood, feMerge and feComposite.

It works with multiple text shadows as well.

You shall continue to live like dogs, and whoever wishes may leave."