From: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:10:30 -0500
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: "www-svg@w3.org list" <www-svg@w3.org>
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest adding 'text-shadow' to the supported properties
> tested on Safari and Chrome releases: http://jsfiddle.net/ywkzc/

I use text shadow a lot, declaring it with attributes would be very useful.

If we are going to implement drop shadow on text, we should do it in a
generic way so that any geometry can benefit from it.

Drop shadow is useful on constructs other than text.

--
You shall continue to live like dogs, and whoever wishes may leave."