Re: Agenda request: Presentation attributes in animation sandwich model

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:01:29 -0800
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: "SVG WG (public-svg-wg@w3.org)" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, "www-svg@w3.org" <www-svg@w3.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
On 02/24/2012 12:42 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
> SVG Animation will take the value of the intrinsic styles, when no CSS animation is running, and takes the contributed results from CSS3 animation if an animation is running.
> According to Daniel Holbert (a SVG contributor at Mozilla), this is already done that way in Gecko.

I think when we spoke about it, that was my guess. :)

However, after a little testing, it looks like I was wrong on that -- it
appears that CSS animations override SMIL animations in Gecko right now,
when both are in play.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to reversing that.  (dbaron wrote our
CSS animations impl, so he may have some thoughts on this, too.)

~Daniel