Re: path data attribute lacks units!

On Feb 9, 2012, at 14:39 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM, seb@highlab.com <seb@highlab.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, Tab and Brian, that helped a lot!  I didnt realize I could define
>> the physical dimensions of the px user unit that way, but it makes sense.
>>  That's totally fixed my problem :-)
>
> Just to be clear, it's not the "px user unit".  The px unit is defined
> by CSS, and has its usual meaning (though zoom can of course make it
> bigger/smaller).  We're discussing the userspace unit, which is
> different.

Uh oh, now I'm confused.

I read section 7.10 of the SVG spec here: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/coords.html#Units

It says:

	One px unit is defined to be equal to one user unit. Thus, a length of "5px" is the same as a length of "5".

What's a poor hacker to think?  ;-)

(Section 7.10 also opens with this misleading statement: "All coordinates and lengths in SVG can be specified with or without a unit identifier."  That's not true of coordinates in <path> data.)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky