From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:04 AM
To: Cameron McCormack
Cc: SVG public list
Subject: Re: GetSVGDocument interface

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>Do we need to keep this interface, which has the getSVGDocument()
>method on it, and which was intended to be implemented on interface
>like HTMLObjectElement?  It's entirely redundant with contentDocument.
>Unless people think content is using it, we should drop it.

Well, it was added because there was no adequately defined and implemen- ted
alternative available at the time, and making the current version of
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/ I ended up using an <iframe> and `.content-
Window.document` because none of the other alternatives I tried worked.

If some implementations drop it because it's been dropped from the spec,
that would be yet another case to consider when working around bugs, so I
think there should be some evidence presented that `.contentDocument` is
actually always available where needed or convenient these days.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de Am
Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de