Re: GetSVGDocument interface

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:03:52 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>Do we need to keep this interface, which has the getSVGDocument() method
>on it, and which was intended to be implemented on interface like
>HTMLObjectElement?  It's entirely redundant with contentDocument.
>Unless people think content is using it, we should drop it.

Well, it was added because there was no adequately defined and implemen-
ted alternative available at the time, and making the current version of
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/ I ended up using an <iframe> and `.content-
Window.document` because none of the other alternatives I tried worked.

If some implementations drop it because it's been dropped from the spec,
that would be yet another case to consider when working around bugs, so
I think there should be some evidence presented that `.contentDocument`
is actually always available where needed or convenient these days.