Re: "Internationalization Support" and "Minimizing SVG File Sizes" appendices

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:25:12 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

> Can we remove the "Internationalization Support" and "Minimizing SVG File
> Sizes" appendices?  I don't think they serve much of a useful purpose.

Regarding the "Minimizing SVG File Sizes", although it's a spec. and
not a best practices document, I still see commonly that SVG content
is generally not optimized, which unfortunately leads to the common
idea that it is an inefficient format.

I'd suggest keep this one around, maybe even improving it a bit, at
least until best practices are seen deployed more widely. As an
alternative, we could make sure the information is sufficiently
exposed (for example, by moving it to the Primer [1]) and then adding
an informative reference to it.

+1 for removing the "Internationalization Support" appendix, though.

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/resources/svgprimer.html