W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > January 2010

Minutes, January 18 2010 SVG WG telcon

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:08:03 +0100
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.u6qybrfcgeuyw5@printer.xn--dahlstrm-doa36b.net>
Minutes available in HTML here:


   http://www.w3.org/2010/01/18-svg-minutes.html


or as text below:


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

18 Jan 2010

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/18-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]css/svg taskforce
          2. [5]svg 1.1 second edition
          3. [6]svg integration
          4. [7]update on the gradient issue (www-svg)
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 18 January 2010

    [9]http://my.opera.com/ODIN/blog/2009/10/12/how-media-queries-allow-
    you-to-optimize-svg-icons-for-several-sizes

       [9]  
http://my.opera.com/ODIN/blog/2009/10/12/how-media-queries-allow-you-to-optimize-svg-icons-for-several-sizes

    <scribe> scribe: ed

css/svg taskforce

    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Jan/0427.html

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Jan/0427.html

    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Jan/0433.html

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Jan/0433.html

    DS: CSSWG didn't resolve to form a taskforce, only to make a
    mailinglist, different thing

    CL: but the same list you're suggesting to use

    DS: talking about more coordinated effort
    ... will respond to this

svg 1.1 second edition

    [12]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMO
    verview

      [12]  
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview

    ED: added a test for this section (not finished)

    ACTION-2676

    [13]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.s
    vg

      [13]  
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/svgdom-over-01-f.svg

    ED: will edit this and get wording into the spec

    <ChrisL> style element is optonal in SVG 1.1 so this test should not
    depend on it

    AG: scripts for generating attribute/element tables for integration
    will be ready soon

svg integration

    DS: generating these tables from RNG is harder than from the
    definitions file(s)

    CL: can extend RNG with custom namespace

    DS: having the links in the RNG would be good
    ... what AG is doing now is essential for that anyway, collecting
    information

    AG: doesn't change that much how the info is collected

    CL: what info are you pulling out of the definitions.xml file?

    AG: will send a mail about that to the wg list

update on the gradient issue (www-svg)

    AG: asv and inkscape do the same thing
    ... same as firefox

    DS/CL: seems like the path of least resistence then

    CL: different from opera?

    ED: yes

    CL: can you get everything you want by one way or the other?

    AG: you can get the same result using any of these methods, by
    specifying different values
    ... mostly a question of what looks best when squished/transformed
    ... technically both ways are correct
    ... don't have a preference

    ED: personally I prefer using objectBoundingBox units, since that's
    more reusable
    ... the issue only affects userspaceonuse gradients, right?

    AG: will email the list with the results, completing my action

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([15]CVS log)
     $Date: 2010/01/18 21:01:38 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [16]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ed
Inferring ScribeNick: ed

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AG CL ChrisL DS IPcaller P12 Shepazu anthony ed joine
d jwatt svg trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
         <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
         <dbooth> Present+ amy


WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 18 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/18-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/18-svg-minutes.html

    End of [18]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm



-- 
Erik Dahlstrom, Core Technology Developer, Opera Software
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Personal blog: http://my.opera.com/macdev_ed
Received on Monday, 18 January 2010 21:08:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2013 15:54:44 GMT