Re: Draw curve by giving a mathematical function (feature request)

Tamás Laiszner wrote:

> I think it would be very useful if there were an opportunity to draw a
> curve by giving directly a mathematical (or ECMAScript) function. Maybe
> the ECMAScript Math object could be a good base to implement this. My
> opinion is that it would have some really positive effects. I imagine it
> like this:

I think this is an unreasonable mixing of technologies (although there
are lots of precedents for such in W3C).  You are potentially using
ECMAScript syntax in a declarative mode.

To achieve reasonable performance in this pseudo-declarative mode, you
would need hints as to the sampling interval to use.

Tools that graph functions, like gnuplot,  typically have a parametric
mode, as well as the simple y = f(x) mode.

--
David Woolley