Re: Rounded corners with individual radii for corners

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:24:32 +0200, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
wrote:

> Hi SVG WG,
>
> There has been some discussion about rounded corners. An Inkscape user
> asked for help [1] on how to do rounded rects where one corner would
> have a sharp corner (no rounding) - similar to the rects in
> http://www.svgopen.org/2008/ where the lower-right corner is sharp.
>
> Could we perhaps enhance the spec for rects so users could specify a
> list of rx/ry values with a defined start and direction - e.g. following
> the direction and start of the already defined stroking of rects.
>
> My guess this wouldn't be too hard to implement since most viewers
> convert the rects to path element internally anyway? Any thoughts on how
> feasible this is?
>
> Thanks,
> Andreas
>
> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=8f67b6f80910060848w6bb0e7e9n44ef43ec3473639a%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=inkscape-user

I think it would be good if we could get a mapping from/to the CSS3
border-radius property[2] for use in SVG. That would address this, since
it allows specifying a radius for each corner.

Cheers
/Erik

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-border-radius

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group