Rounded corners with individual radii for corners

From: Andreas Neumann <a.neumann@carto.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:24:32 -0700
To: SVG WG <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi SVG WG,

There has been some discussion about rounded corners. An Inkscape user
asked for help [1] on how to do rounded rects where one corner would
have a sharp corner (no rounding) - similar to the rects in
http://www.svgopen.org/2008/ where the lower-right corner is sharp.

Could we perhaps enhance the spec for rects so users could specify a
list of rx/ry values with a defined start and direction - e.g. following
the direction and start of the already defined stroking of rects.

My guess this wouldn't be too hard to implement since most viewers
convert the rects to path element internally anyway? Any thoughts on how
feasible this is?

Thanks,
Andreas

[1]