Re: More Ideas around DOM Constructors

From: Steve Withall <steve@withallyourequire.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:05:57 +1100
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
At 27/11/2009 06:28 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>Hi, -
>
><Snip>
>
>>Or perhaps the reliance on the XLink namespace is going away ?
>
>I would like to move away from the use of the XLink NS, since the
>promise of the XLink spec never really materialized.  There are
>complications, but I think we can do it.

Doug,

Is that why you don't use the standard xlink:href attribute in your
Parameters specification?  :)

XLink may not have lived up to expectations, but at least it's
familiar and everyone knows where they stand with it. I suggest
continuing to use it where appropriate unless there's a good reason not to.

Steve.