Re: Can i specify a rectangle within an image tag in a svg file

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:20:18 +0100, Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> Jonathan,
> I think that's jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly. I just
> explained what the spec says (on svg-developers@yahoogroups.com). I
> represent Opera (the company) and I should certainly hope that Opera
> (the company) doesn't interpret the spec in a very different way than I
> do :)
>
> Opera 9.5 beta (the product) handles this case in a way it shouldn't, as
> it doesn't yet follow the rules in section C.2 [1] which states that
> such elements should be ignored. This has now been logged as bug 297855,
> if you are interested to follow up on it.

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with the supplied
Image_complx_rect_Matrix.svg testcase in Opera 9.5.
There is a difference between 9.2x and 9.5b1 because 9.5 handles the
viewport-fill attribute. But the rect inside the image is correctly
ignored at least from what I can tell.

Cheers
/Erik