Re: Can i specify a rectangle within an image tag in a svg file

From: (wrong string) ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:53:35 +0000
Cc: "Mustafizur Rahaman" <mustaf.here@gmail.com>, "www-svg List" <www-svg@w3.org>
To: Erik Dahlstrm <ed@opera.com>

Erik

oops, my apologiesas you say the viewport-fill attribute.
rushing between meetings ((

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Media Literacy and the Internet

On 15 Nov 2007, at 12:38, Erik Dahlstrm wrote:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:20:18 +0100, Erik Dahlstrm <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> Jonathan,
> I think that's jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly. I just
> explained what the spec says (on svg-developers@yahoogroups.com). I
> represent Opera (the company) and I should certainly hope that
> Opera (the company) doesn't interpret the spec in a very different
> way than I do :)
>
> Opera 9.5 beta (the product) handles this case in a way it
> shouldn't, as it doesn't yet follow the rules in section C.2 [1]
> which states that such elements should be ignored. This has now
> been logged as bug 297855, if you are interested to follow up on it.

Actually, I don't see anything wrong with the supplied
Image_complx_rect_Matrix.svg testcase in Opera 9.5.
There is a difference between 9.2x and 9.5b1 because 9.5 handles the
viewport-fill attribute. But the rect inside the image is correctly
ignored at least from what I can tell.

Cheers
/Erik