Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: 'line-increment' redundant

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:

> > I strongly object to the introduction of the property
> > 'line-increment'. It is redundant with the preexisting W3C property
> > 'line-height' used by XSL and CSS.
>
> [No.]
>
> Please let us know shortly if this explanation does not satisfy you.

It does not. As I have said multiple times, I strongly disagree with SVG
adding these features, because they are redundant with existing W3C
technologies.

For example, one could do:

   <svg:foreignObject width="..." height="...">
   </svg:foreignObject>

...to obtain high-quality self-wrapping text that uses all of CSS'
features (and equivalent markup can be written for workflows that use
XSL). If the SVG WG still insists on wanting to add their own version of
text flow (which would be at least the third time the W3C invented such a
system), then please clearly indicate my disagreement (along with the
disagreement of the numerous other people who have complained about this)
on your report to the director.